A museum can be found in the gallery of Pälkäne Church. This red-brick cruciform church was designed by architect C.L. Engel. The altarpiece, depicting Jesus in Gethsemane, was painted in 1841 by Stockholm’s Prof. P.E. Limnell. The church museum has old parish items from both the current church of the parish and the former one, now known as Saint Michael’s Ruined Church. The ruined church is only a kilometre away and open to visitors.
The church museum displays old parish items, which speak of ecclesiastical life and ceremonies, also chronicling the important position of the Church in society. The oldest artefacts date back to the 17th century. The local nobility’s wooden coats of arms are among the more special items on display here. While in town do stop and admire the magnificent medieval church ruin near by.